- 2016—: Visiting Professor at the Centre for European Modernism, University of Perugia, Italy.
- 2014—: Chair, English Department, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2013—: Senior Lecturer in English Literature at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2013-2014: Associate Professor in English Literature, at the Faculty of Humanities, the University of Tromso, Norway.
- 2007—: Lecturer in English Literature at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2004: Adjunct teacher at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, English Department.
Books and edited volumes:
- Fantasies of Self-Mourning: Modernism, the Posthuman and the Finite. Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2019.
- Flann O’Brien: Problems with Authority. With Paul Fagan and John McCourt (eds.) Cork: Cork University Press, 2017.
- Flann O’Brien: Contesting Legacies. With Paul Fagan and Werner Huber (eds.) Cork: Cork University Press, 2014.
- The Measureless Time of Joyce, Deleuze and Derrida. Continuum Literary Studies. London: Continuum, 2007.
Articles in peer reviewed journals:
- “Three Articles of Posthuman Modernism: The Metacinema of Marcel L'Herbier (and Friends).” Modernism/Modernity. Forthcoming.
- “Past, Passivity, Passion: Deleuze’s Allegorical Drama.” CounterText 5.1 (2019): 70-88.
- “Figures of the Earth: Non-human Phenomenology in Joyce.” Humanities 6.3 (2017).
- “Love in Joyce: A Philosophical Apprenticeship.” Joyce Studies Annual (2014): 42-62.
- “Putting the Impossible to Work: Beckettian Afterlife and the Posthuman Future of Humanity.” Journal of Modern Literature 35.4 (Summer 2012): 163-180.
- “Ethics of the Event: The Apocalyptic Turn in Modernism,” Partial Answers: Journal of Literature and the History of Ideas 9.1 (January 2011): 188-201.
- “Between Fact and Fiction: The Nature of Events in Joyce and Beckett,” Narrative 18.2 (May 2010): 179-198.
- “Mirrored Disjunctions: On a Deleuzo-Joycean Theory of the Image,” Journal of Modern Literature 33.2 (Spring 2010): 131-148.
- “Neologizing in Finnegans Wake: Beyond a Typology of the Wakean Portmanteau,” Poetics Today 28.1 (Spring 2007): 143-164.
- “A Duplicated Life: On Virtuality in John Banville’s Mefisto,” Modern Fiction Studies 55.4 (Winter 2009): 665-684.
- “Providence in the Marketplace: Vico’s Philology and the Immanence of Language in Joyce’s Later Narrative,” Journal of Anglo-Italian Studies 9 (2008): 107-126.
- “Two Ps in a Pod: On Time in Finnegans Wake,” Journal of Modern Literature 29.1 (Fall 2005): 76-93.
- “A Fadograph of Whome: Topographies of Mourning in Finnegans Wake,” Partial Answers: Journal of Literature and the History of Ideas 1.2 (June 2003): 87-110.
Chapters in edited volumes:
- “Editors’ Introduction,” co-authored with Paul Fagan and John McCourt. In Flann O’Brien: Problems with Authority. Ruben Borg, Paul Fagan and John McCourt (eds). (Cork: Cork University Press, 2017): 1-18.
- “Reading Flann with Paul: Modernism and the Trope of Conversion,” in Flann O’Brien: Problems with Authority. Ruben Borg, Paul Fagan and Werner Huber (eds). (Cork: Cork University Press, 2017): 219-229.
- “Beckett and Deleuze: Tragic Thinkers.” Deleuze and Beckett, ed. Stephen Wilmer and Audrone Zukauskaite (London: Palgrave, 2015): 139-206.
- “Deleuze on Genre: Modernity between the Tragic and the Novel,” in Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Literature, ed. Ian Buchanan et al. (London: Bloomsbury, 2015): 99-115.
- “Editors’ Introduction,” co-authored with Paul Fagan and Werner Huber. In Flann O’Brien: Contesting Legacies. Ruben Borg, Paul Fagan and Werner Huber (eds). (Cork: Cork University Press, 2014): 1-16.
- “Surviving in Borges: The Memory of Objects after the End of the World,” in Cy-Borges: Memories of Posthumanism in the Work of Jorge Luis Borges, ed. Stefan Herbrechter et al. (Lewisburg, PA: Bucknell University Press, 2009): 168-196.
- “Deconstruction and the Undoing of Diplomacy.” Co-authored with Ivan Callus. In Language and Diplomacy, ed. Jovan Kurbalija and Hannah Slavik (Malta: DiploProjects, 2001): 233-260.
Reviews and short articles
- Review of Jean-Michel Rabate, The Pathos of Distance: Affects of the Moderns. James Joyce Quarterly 53.3-4 (Spring, Summer 2016): 384-387.
- “Literary Modernism and the Posthuman.” Genealogies of the Posthuman. Critical Posthumanism Network. 2017. Web.
- “The Parish Review: Editors’/Founders’ Note.” Co-authored with Paul Fagan. The Parish Review 1.1 (Summer 2012): 1-11.
- “Working with History, Working with Taboo: a Comparative Review of Two Works of Joyce criticism.” Journal of Modern Literature 31.2 (Winter 2008): 149-155. Review.
- “Entwining our Arts,” review of Christa Maria Lerm-Hayes, Joyce in Art: Visual Art Inspired by James Joyce (Dublin: Lilliput Press, 2004). Journal of Modern Literature 29.4 (Summer 2006): 189-193. Review.
- July 2017: Acting Out: The 4th International Flann O’Brien Conference (Salzburg, Austria).
- September 2015: Metamorphoses: The 3rd International Flann O’Brien Conference (Prague, Czech Republic).
- June 2013: Problems with Authority: The 2nd International Flann O’Brien Conference (Rome, Italy).
- October 2011: Posthumanism and Transhumanism. An international conference at the Van Leer Institute, with Icon Tel-Aviv and Tel-Aviv University.
- July 2011: 100 Myles: The International Flann O’Brien Centenary Conference (Vienna, Austria).
EDITORIAL WORK AND ADVISORY BOARDS
- Partial Answers: Journal of Literature and the History of Ideas (associate editor)
- The Parish Review (co-editor)
- Countertext (advisory editor)
- Journal of Modern Literature (advisory editor)
- 2015-2019: Journal of Modern Literature (12 articles)
- 2017: Modernist Cultures
- 2017: International Journal of English Studies
- 2014-2017: James Joyce Quarterly (2 articles)
- 2014: Contemporary Drama
- 2012: Subjectivity
- 2010: Deleuze Studies
- Lasse Jensen. Beyond the Obscure: Literary Revelations in Herman Melville and Cormac McCarthy. In Progress.
- Yaeli Greenblatt. The Typographic Novel: Visual Materiality and the Joycean Image. In Progress.
- Talia Abu. Guilt or Shame: The Problem of Origins in James Joyce's Finnegans Wake. In Progress.
- Tali Banin. Modernism and the Search for Posthuman Intimacy. In Progress.
- Dante and Modernism (M.A. seminar)
- Narcissus on the Liffey: Image and Identity in Six Modern Irish Novelists (M.A. seminar)
- Paranoid Hermeneutics (M.A. seminar)
- Time out of Joint: Ghostly Temporalities in Literature, Philosophy and Film (M.A. seminar)
- Alive and Kicking: The Novel after the Death of the Novel (M.A. seminar)
- T.S. Eliot: Tradition and the Individual Talent (B.A. seminar at UiT)
- Love in Joyce: A Philosophical Apprenticeship (M.A. seminar at UiT)
- European Modernism (Graduate Seminar at CEMS, University of Perugia)